The library building is open without appointments but with limited capacity. Please follow the guidelines to keep your neighbors safe.
A Temporary Safety Policy is in place to keep patrons and staff safe when we are open again. We thank you for your cooperation.
A Re-opening Plan has been developed based on guidance from state officials and health departments. This document was created in coordination with the Four County Library System’s Steering Committee.
Using the Library
Holds can be picked up at any time without an appointment. The automated library system has restored notifications so you will receive either a text message or email, depending on how you set up your account. Please remember that only 1 person or 1 family group can enter the vestibule at a time.
You may use a computer for one 30 minutes session each day. Drop in to see if one is available or call to reserve a computer at 607.432.1980.
You can enter the library to browse the collection at your convenience. When entering the library, remember to wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth, immediately wash your hands or use the hand sanitizer and refrain from touching your face. We welcome you back!
Returning Library Materials
Library materials must be returned to the outside Book Return boxes only. They will be put in quarantine for seven days before they are checked in.
Although our building is open by appointment only, our wifi remains on for anyone to use. It is boosted to include the front yard of the library so bring a lawn chair and connect to the internet.
HML Resources & Programs
We are doing all we can at HML to continue to provide services to the community while we are closed.
Tech Help: Digital Device Call-In Hours
Every Wednesday from 6:45 – 7:45 pm, you can call (607) 386-1465 to get help with your tech questions. We do ask that you limit calls to questions that can be solved in 15 minutes or less, so that we can be available to help as many patrons as possible.
This year, you can participate in summer reading from home!
- Check out the Adult Programs page for all of our summer reading activities and programs.
- Check out the Youth Programs page for a list of all the awesome programs kids can participate in from home this summer!
Don’t forget that your HML card gets you access to tons of digital media!
Click here to learn more.
Ancestry Library Edition
Ancestry Library Edition is temporarily available to remote users. Just click here and enter your library card number.
Stay Safe, Stay Home, Stay CONNECTED!
Check out our blog post full of resources for staying connected with family and friends while social distancing.
COVID-19 STEAM Survival Guide
Bridget has put together a list of STEAM activities and online learning resources to help you keep STEAMing Ahead at home
Share how you’re learning at home with the hashtag #hmlsteam on Facebook and Instagram!
Important Phone Numbers & Websites
- NYS Department of Health Website
- Coronavirus Hotline: 888-364-3065
- Lists confirmed cases by county, all NYS measures to slow the spread of the virus, and more helpful resources
- Otsego County Department of Health Website
- Phone number: 607-547-4231
- Lists all Otsego County press releases related to coronavirus
- Bassett Hotline: 607-547-5555
- Call this number if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. You will be evaluated over the phone to determine if an in-person visit is necessary.
- Take the Bassett Healthcare Coronavirus Screener quiz if you suspect you may have the virus.
- The Daily Star coronavirus coverage (no subscription required)
- COVID-19 Oneonta Area Resources
- Google spreadsheet created by community members listing all kinds of resources, from online education activities to folks willing to pick up your groceries