3D Printing Request Form
You’re on your way to getting your design 3D printed! Please be aware of the following:
- Printing costs $0.10 per gram of filament used, including all support material.
- The cost for failed print jobs will be calculated based on the weight of what is printed. (Staff may waive the price of failed prints if they believe the issue is with the printer.)
- If the estimated cost of a print is $10.00 or more, 50% of estimated project cost must be paid prior to printing.
- All completed 3D prints must be paid for at time of pick-up. No refunds will be given for completed 3D prints. Payment must be made by cash or check. If a completed item is not paid for, the cost will be recorded as a fine on your library account.
- Objects must fit within the print area of 11.02 in x 11.02 in x 9.8 in.
- Prints may last no longer than 10 hours.
- If an item is not printing correctly, the library will allow two attempts to print. If it fails to print correctly on the second try, you will be notified and asked to modify your design.
- The library will not print anything that is:
- Prohibited by local, state or federal law
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the Library environment
- In violation of another’s intellectual property rights. For example, the printers will not be used to reproduce material that is subject to copyright, patent or trademark protection.
- The library reserves the right to refuse any print.
- You will be notified when your print is finished. Please pick your project up within 14 days of being notified. If your print has not been picked up after 21 days, it may be discarded.
- For our full 3D printing policy, click here.