Help us illuminate Huntington Park with the warm glow of jack-o-lanterns this Halloween! Enter one of our carving contests, or just display your amazing pumpkin for all of downtown Oneonta’s trick-or-treaters to see. And when the sun goes down, take a stroll through the park and admire everyone’s handiwork! Vote on your favorite pumpkins and enjoy some free cider and doughnuts while you judge.
Individuals and families can enter into two separate carving contests. Winners in each category will get to choose from some cool prizes!
1. Literary Halloween: Carve a pumpkin inspired by your favorite book, poem, or short story.
2. Classic Jack: Carve your best “classic” jack-o-lantern face.
Businesses and community organizations are also invited to compete in their own carving contest! The best pumpkin submitted in this category will win a blue ribbon and a braggadocious post on our social media.
No need to register! Just drop off your pumpkin between 5:30 and 6:00 pm on Halloween to the library staff outside.
Pumpkin Glow Guidelines:
• Any pumpkin you can carry into the park without assistance is welcome! Staff will not be available to assist you in moving your pumpkin, so if you want to show off a big gourd, bring some friends to help you.
• Please provide your own flameless candle to illuminate your pumpkin.
• Please plan to come back for your pumpkin around 7:30 pm. Leave no pumpkin behind!